Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Quick and Easy Chicken Lo Mein


This is officially one of my new favorite dinners.  I'm a harsh critic on my own cooking and it takes a lot for me to exclaim "oh this is so good" after just one bite. But this had me at first bite and I know I will be making it a lot! The great thing is you can use whatever veggies your family likes, I used onion, mushrooms, red, yellow and orange peppers. But it would be so great with broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, bok choy, so many things! I used lo mein noodles from the freezer section but really any will work!

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size strips)
4 cups sliced or diced vegetables
1 tbsp olive oil
21 oz Lo Mein noodles
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp cornstarch

 Heat a skillet over medium heat with oil. Saute the chicken until it is cooked through, remove from heat and set to the side. Add the vegetables to the pan and saute. Cook the lo mein noodles according to directions on the package and set to the side. Whisk together the soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Once the vegetables are tender stir in the noodles, chicken and sauce. Toss it all together. When the sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat and serve.

2 comments: