Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Basic Waffles


Gray and I had a waffle maker when we first got married, there are waffle recipes on this blog that were made with that waffle maker but we both kinda hated it.  I've been wanting a new one for a while but just hadn't purchased one, especially since it's not really a necessity.  When my brother gave me a gift card for my birthday I knew that this was what I wanted to get with it. I'm so glad I did, everyone has been enjoying waffles and while I do LOVE this basic waffle recipe, I'm hoping I can get the kids to branch out a little.

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter (melted)

Heat your waffle iron. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a mediums bowl whisk together buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Using 1/2 - 3/4 cup batter, prepare waffles according to the waffle iron directions. Serve with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment