Friday, May 19, 2017

Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli


I was pretty sure Gray and I would love this meal but I wasn't sure how it would go over with the younger crowd. The 2 year old was in a mood so I'm pretty sure it didn't matter what I was serving for dinner, but my 9 year old loved this and took the leftovers to school the next day! It was pretty simple to throw together and I loved that it was a good healthy dinner option. This recipe was adapted from Table for Two.

1 boneless beef chuck roast (cut into strips)
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves minced garlic
3 cups broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces)
2 tbsp cornstarch

Place the beef in the bottom of the crock pot. Whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over the beef. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove 4 tbsp of the broth and whisk it with the cornstarch then add back to the crock pot stirring well. Stir in the broccoli and cook for 30 minutes. Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment