Friday, July 29, 2016

Mojo Pork Tenderloin


There are just somethings that no matter how I fix them I can almost guarantee that my children will eat them. Pork tenderloin is one of those things.  I tried this recipe last week, doubled it and made two pork tenderloins (the recipe is only for one) and there were two pieces left at the end of the night. My oldest is only 8 and my youngest isn't even 2. I don't even want to know what the grocery budget will look like in 8 years. Anyways, this recipe was adapted from The Kitchen Wife.

1 pork tenderloin
1/4 cup olive oil
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp brown sugar

Whisk together all of the ingredients. Place the pork tenderloin in a bag and pour the marinade over it.  Place back in the refrigerator and let marinade for 1-24 hours.  Heat oven to 450.  In an oven safe skillet brown the pork tenderloin over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the pork tenderloin is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment