Monday, May 16, 2016

Creamy Caprese Bowtie Pasta


It's basil season! For Mother's Day my crew got me two new basil plants and I'm so excited to already be using them.  I love anything Caprese related so this pasta was perfect. I was shocked when my cheese hater also loved it! This recipe is adapted from Go Go Go Gourmet.

1 lb bowtie pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped basil
8 oz fresh mozzarella (diced into small cubes)
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta according to directions. Drain and set to the side. While the pasta is boiling, saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until it begins to soften.  Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Pour in the half and half and cream then bring to simmer. Let cook for 5-8 minutes or until it begins to thicken.  Toss the pasta in the sauce to coast then add the basil and mozzarella. Stir quickly then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment