Wednesday, January 27, 2016

7 Layer Bars


I used to make these all of the time and then I think I got burned out on them. I made them for a New Years Eve party this year. I've had several variations of these bars over the years but these are how I have always made them.

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup pecans (chopped)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 (14oz) sweetened condensed milk

Heat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish.  Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter then press evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.  Evenly distribute the chocolate chips, then white chocolate chips, then butterscotch chips.  Top with the chopped pecans and shredded coconut then pour the sweetened condensed milk over the bars. Bake for 25-30 minutes then let cool completely before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment