Friday, August 7, 2015

Sloppy Joe Tacos


So yes, I have been absent, my laptop died a while ago and then we went on vacation then my husband's laptop was being all quirky.  Plus I have a very very cute 9 month old who hates to sleep...so you know, that's fun!  Anyways, I first had Sloppy Joe Tacos while on vacation at a restaurant. I really really enjoyed the one I got and wish I had gotten more than one so I decided to try and recreate it at home! I have to say they turned out pretty well and everyone in my family enjoyed them.

1 lb ground beef
1/8 cup finely diced onion
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp salt
8 taco size tortillas
1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 1/2 cup fritos
sour cream

Brown the ground beef with onions.  Drain the grease off of the meat and stir in the chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder and salt.  Let cook for 2 minute over medium low heat. Stir in the worchestershire sauce, tomato sauce and ketchup.  Let cook for 5 to 10 minutes.  Place the meat in the tortillas and top with cheese, fritos and sour cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment