Monday, June 15, 2015

Margherita Flatbreads



Margherita style pizzas are my absolute favorite. I love fresh mozzarella, I love basil, I love yummy sliced tomatoes.  I adapted this recipe from Let the Baking Begin.

2 Naan
2 roma tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
8oz fresh mozzarella
1/3 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves (minced)

Heat oven to 400.  Place a pizza stone in the oven while it heats. Mix together the olive oil and garlic. Brush the naan with the olive oil mixture. Once the oven is preheated place the flatbreads on the pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes or until they begin to crisp up.  Slice the fresh mozzarella into 8 pieces. The carefully slice the tomatoes.  Place the mozzarella onto the flatbreads then top with tomatoes and place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes then turn the oven on broil for a minute or two. Remove from oven and top with chopped basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment