Friday, January 2, 2015

Cheesy Tortellini Crockpot Soup


I don't talk a lot about our family on the blog, mainly just food and what we thought.  I took all of December off from blogging because on October 7th our daughter was born via domestic adoption.  I tried to keep up but having a 7 year old and an infant was wearing me out.  But I'm back and excited!  This is a great and easy recipe for a cold winter night, slightly adapted from New Nostalgia.

16 oz frozen tortellini
1 small bag fresh spinach
2 cans (15 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 block (8oz) cream cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Place the spinach, tomatoes, broth and cream cheese into the crock pot.  Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Add the tortellini and cook for an additional hour to 90 minutes.  Serve with bread for dipping in the delicious broth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment