Friday, July 18, 2014

Blueberry Streusel Muffin Bread


I had been eyeing this recipe ever since I first saw it posted on Shopgirl.  I finally had all the ingredients to make it a few weeks ago so I whipped it up and boy am I glad I did.  This bread was prefect!!! I adapted the recipe slightly to make it a bit sweeter and Gray and I loved it!!

Bread:
2 1/3 cups and 1 tbsp flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Streusel:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter

Heat oven to 375 and grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.  In a bowl beat together the canola oil and sugar using an electric mixer.  Add the egg, vanilla extract and milk.  In a separate bowl whisk together 2 1/3 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Coat the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour and stir into the batter.  Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.  To make the streusel topping mix together the sugar and flour in a small bowl.  Cut the butter into small cubes then using a fork cut the butter into the sugar mixture until it is a coarse crumbly mixture.  Sprinkle over the top of the bread.  Bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered then cover with tinfoil for 20 minutes then remove the tinfoil and bake uncovered for the remaining 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment