Friday, August 3, 2012

Garlic Dill Dressing


I love homemade dressings, they are really a step above the bottled stuff but I rarely take the time to make them.   This dressing was so easy to throw together.  No one in my house but me eats dressing so this is 100% my opinion but I really enjoyed it.  It's heavy so I don't think I would make it a ton but it's a great creamy dressing.  It went well on my salad that was loaded with veggies and egg.  The recipe is from Sweet Basil.

3/4 Cup Buttermilk
2/3 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Light Mayonnaise
1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1-2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
1/4 Teaspoon Dry Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried Chives
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Dill
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Pinch of Pepper

Whisk together buttermilk, sour cream and mayonnaise.  Add all the seasonings and whisk more. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Best if made 24 hours in advanced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment