Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tomato Bacon Grilled Cheese

It's fall. I love fall. And I love this grilled cheese. It's simple and easy and can be attributed to know one because I have seen it on tons of menus. My love for it comes from my mother though, I'm not sure I have ever seen her eat it but whenever she sees it on a menu she would always talk about how it's one of her favorite sandwiches. It really is devine.

2 pieces of bread
4 strips bacon (cooked)
2-3 slices of tomato
1 piece sliced cheddar cheese
1 tbsp butter

Melt half the butter in the pan over low-medium heat. Place on piece of bread down, lay down bacon, tomato then cheese and top with the other piece of bread. Let it cook on one side until it is nicely browned, lift from pan and melt remaining butter. Flip and let grill on the other side until brown. Serve warm.

This recipe was also linked over at the Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight for Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment