Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars

This is a Hershey's recipe! I really didn't know what to expect when I made these, I knew they would be rich but they were REALLY rich! When I read the recipe it said to cut into 48 bars and I laughed out loud because seriously, those would be so tiny but then I tried them. Don't get me wrong, they are great just rich!

2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 egg (slightly beaten)
2 cups (12 oz pack) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups (8 o. pack) Toffee Bits (divided)

Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick spray. Mix together flour and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the egg and stir well. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set 1 1/2 cups of the mixture aside. Press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour sweetened condensed milk over the cookie. Top with all but 1/3 of the toffee bits. Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top and bake for 25 to 30 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment