Friday, July 8, 2011

Smothered Cowboy Salisbury Steaks



I made this recipe back in January, I know I know, I am so behind! Our little cutie coming home certainly made my life a little crazy for the past 6 months. Anyways, I am pretty sure that Gray fell even more in loved with me after I made this recipe, this is man food at it's finest and perfect for the winter! The recipe is from One Lovely Life and I can't wait for it to get cold again so that I can make it!


1lb ground beef
1/2 packet dry onion soup mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4c milk
1/4c fresh bread crumbs
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (divided)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1/2lb baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2c beef broth

Heat oven to 375. In a bowl combine the ground beef, garlic powder, onion soup mix, salt and pepper then add the milk, egg, breadcrumbs, and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Mix together and shape into 6 patties. In a large pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter on medium-high heat. Brown the patties on both sides and place in a baking dish. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 or 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper and place over the patties. Return pan to heat and add onion, add a little more olive oil if they are sticking. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper and place over patties. Add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan. Add flour. Stir for 2 minutes, add beef broth and remaining Worcestershire, stir well to get out the clumps. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Poor over the patties and bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment