Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes


Gray and I both love sweet potatoes and I am always looking for fun new ways to eat them. This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be and they were awesome. They weren't overly sweet but perfectly creamy. It's also a super easy recipe to double or triple if you have a big family or are having company over. The recipe is from Lucy's Kitchen.

2 large sweet potatoes (baked)***
1/4 cup light cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

*** I bake my potatoes in the microwave, it's hard to bake potatoes when you are at work all day so this is my solution. You stab them with a fork usually about 5 different times in different spots on the potato then microwave for 6 minutes then flip and microwave for 6 more. If they are really large sometimes you have to do it a bit longer.

Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the inside, keeping the skin intact. Add the cream cheese, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mash well to combine. Put the filling back into the potatoes, top with nuts if you so desire and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment