Friday, October 15, 2010

Melt in Your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies



I made these cookies for one of Gray and I's DVR and Dessert Date Nights and they are awesome! I cut the recipe in half because it makes 60 cookies and we did not need that many, I am going to post the full recipe though. The cookies are a bit cakey which totally works for this recipe. The icing is amazing, don't try to skimp and use a different icing because it won't be the same. Recipe is from Sweet Treats and More.


2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3/4 cups powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350. Beat together 2 cups of butter with mixer for 30 seconds on medium. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping down the bowl as you go. Add the eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla, beat until combined. Beat in the pumpkin. Beat in as much of the flour as you can then use a wooden spoon to mix in the rest (I used a spatula because that's what I had available). Drop the batter with a teaspoon 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. In a small saucepan melt 1/2 cup of butter and brown sugar until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Spread over the cookies and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made these today and they were sooo yummy. "Melt in your mouth" is a perfect description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma makes these, they are my absolute favorite cookie! She puts raisins in them. I have never met anyone with the same love or knowledge of this cookie before!

    ReplyDelete