Sunday, October 17, 2010

Creamy Tortellini with Spinach and Tomatoes




I found this awesome and easy recipe on Cassie Craves. It took almost no time and had great flavor. I love tortellini so I knew this was a good choice!

1 19-oz package frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup milk
5 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 oz baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered

Heat together milk and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth. Meanwhile be cooking the tortellini. Add the parmesan cheese and black pepper and melt. Add the spinach and mix well. Drain pasta and add to the mixture then add the tomatoes and remaining parmesan and stir. Serve warm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this, Leigh! It's definitely one of our favorite quick and easy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many servings does this make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made this in a while but I am think it makes about 2 or 3 depending on what else is served and who you are serving!

      Delete