Thursday, October 14, 2010

Broccoli and Swiss Stuffed Chicken


As usual I had to chance up this recipe a little bit. It was great though and pretty easy! The original came from Tasty Kitchen and called for American Cheese as well but I don't normally have American so I didn't want to buy it just for this recipe.

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Cup Shredded Swiss or 4 slices of Swiss
3/4 Cup of Chopped Broccoli (I used fresh)
1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 Egg
1/2 Cup of Breadcrumbs or Panko

Heat oven to 350. If chicken breast are not thin enough you can either butterfly them or flatten them, I butterflied them! Then add broccoli and 1/4 cup of cheese to each chicken breast and secure with toothpicks. In three separate bowls put the AP Flour, Egg (beaten) and Breadcrumbs. First dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg then the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the chicken is done. Bake on a greased cookie sheet in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I never thought of stuffing broccoli inside chicken, but you know how much I loved stuffed chicken, so I'll definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete