Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bistro Chicken




When I saw this recipe I knew it would be good but I didn't expect it to be as delicious and wonderful as it was. It was really good and so easy. It felt much fancier than it actually is. I already want it again and I just had it. I found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen and did make few changes so here is my version.

2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ cups Chopped Onion
1 can (14 1/2 Oz. Can) Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
1 can (10.5 Oz. Can) Condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese

Heat oven to 375. In a nonstick skillet melt the butter and olive oil. Cook the chicken just until it has browned on either side then remove, it does not need to be cooked all the way through. Place the chicken in a baking dish. Add the onion and saute until it is soft and translucent, do not caramelize. Add the tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper, cook until sauce has reduced a bit, about 5 minutes. Add the french onion soup and let the sauce cook for another 5 or so minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle cheese over the chicken then place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment