Monday, October 4, 2010

Bacon and Tomato Sandwich with Bacon Basil Mayo


This recipe is from Framed Cooks. When I saw it I knew it was something that my mom would love, so when Gray was going to be one night I decide to go to her house and make these sandwiches for dinner. My dad was home too and just made a regular BLT but then decided he wanted to try the "fancy mayo" as he called it, he proceeded to dip bacon into it over and over and over until I finally made him stop because there is just something wrong with dipping bacon into mayonnaise. Anyways final verdict = awesome. Great twist on an already great sandwich.

Bacon already fried
Tomatoes sliced
Bread toasted
Bacon Basil Mayo (recipe below)

Spread the bacon basil mayo on toasted bread, layer tomatoes and bacon on top then add mayo to the other slice of toasted bread and top the sandwich.

Bacon Basil Mayo

1/2 cup of mayo
1 slice of bacon crumbled
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Fresh cracked pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together.

No comments:

Post a Comment