Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shortcakes

My friend Leslie brought these for dessert one night and I had to have the recipe! Thankfully she is one of those recipe sharers, I hate it when people don't share! These are amazing, I made them for my family a few weeks ago and they loved them too!

1 1/2 Cups AP Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Cold Butter
1 Egg Lightly Beaten
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Milk

Heat oven to 400. Grease baking sheet. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until it is coarse and crumbly. In a separate bowl combine egg, sour cream, and milk. Add to the flour mixture. Drop into 8 mounds on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with strawberries, peaches, whatever your heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment