Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crockpot Autumn Pork

I know it's not Autumn but I came across this recipe on Finding Joy in My Kitchen and had to try it. I was a little bit nervous when I got home and looked in the crockpot, the mean didn't look super tender but when I went to cut it into pieces it all fell apart. Delicious! and yes I have a bit of a recipe blog addiction. No I am not planning on getting help for it :)

4 lb. pork roast (mine was only 2lbs because we really don't need 4lbs worth of meat)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 apples, peeled and cored
3 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C applesauce
1/2 C ginger ale (or apple juice)

Cut apples into 1/8 pieces, peel if you want to, I didn't because I was in a hurry, we loved it just the same. Place apple pieces in the bottom of the crockpot. Place pork on top. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over the pork. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy this turned out to your liking!

    Blessings!

    SnoWhite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love slow cooker meals...so easy and make your home smell awesome with so little effort. This looks like a kepper. Just found your site and can't wait to go through your recipes!

    ReplyDelete