Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Creamy Corn



I don't know where my mom got this recipe but it is one of her favorites! I needed some comfort food last night and this is exactly what I wanted! It's so easy and super yummy but not so healthy...that's what comfort food is though, right?

1/2 stick of butter
4oz cream cheese
1 frozen bag of corn

Melt the butter in a sauce pan of medium low heat. Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and set aside. Add the frozen corn and stir to coat the corn in melted butter. Add the chucks of cream cheese and stir often. At some point it will look like you have majorly screwed up, the cream cheese will be soft but everything will look chunky and weird, give it a few more minutes and it will start to come together. I usually let it cook for about 10 minutes after it comes together.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Scoop it with tortilla chips? My aunt makes a similar one, but she adds green chilis in it for a little spice. Oh so good!

    Liz
    Loving This Mom Stuff

    ReplyDelete